Wednesday, July 11, 2012

In 2003 I was asked to fill out some kind of questionnaire. When I look at it today I can only sign it (well, "Ride the Lightning" still tops "Master Of Puppets". Do not know what I thought then).

Describe your way to Heavy Metal:
Since 1985/86 as HM in general was very popular in Estonia. Older friends inspired and I remember when I heard "For whom the bells toll" by Metallica..and since then Im gone.
How and when did you become a collector?
First original cassette (Polish bootleg actually) was Deicide "Deicide" in 1992, first LP was Deicide "Deicide" in 1992 and first CD was Deicide "Amon: Feasting the beast" in 1993. I only collect music I like. If I dont like, I re-sell it. Also older Satanic bands interest me.
Edit 2012: no collector here, more like a fan.
What kind of stuff do you collect?
I prefer 1st editions. LPs and original demos are cool for me. Also older fanzines!!! Hmm...CD is great as well :)
Which styles do you collect?
Basically ancient Black/Death Metal. Especially I like US deathcore from 1985-88, fast thrash mixed with Hardcore influences (Death, Majesty, Dead Conspiracy etc)... also wild Brazilian bands are cool (Genocidio, Sarcofago, Mutilator demo etc)... Why? Just like those.
How big is your collection?
I wait the day I could say I have 1000 titles.
Where do you buy?
From Metal friends.. or at my trips in Germany :) ...internet .... like everyone else! Sometimes I get hit by blind luck :)
Your favourite records (by heart or value):
Damn... very hard to say. Musically as follows:
Slayer "Reign in Blood" LP
Sarcofago "INRI" LP
Morbid Angel "Abominations of Desolation" LP
Obituary "Slowly we Rot" LP
Beherit "Drawing Down the moon" LP
Darkthrone "Under a funeral moon" LP
Death "Infernal Death" demo
Sepultura "Bestial Devastation" EP
Mutilator "Grave Desecration" demo
Metallica "Master of Puppets" LP
Slaughter Lord "Taste of Blood" demo
and LOT of others.... DOOM DEATH THRASH BLACK METAL!!!!
Edit 2012: "Ride the Lightning" is better than "Master Of Puppets"! Have always been!
Do you trade / buy / sell?
Mostly trade and buy, sometimes sell
Any famous last words?
Remeber its only music we talk about here. Enjoy it, or hate it. Its just a music. (by some one from Sadistik Exekution)

No comments:

Post a Comment